Sunday, January 22, 2012

One Month Old

I always considered myself great at multitasking.  As you can see by the date on my last post this has all gone out the window.  That's ok.  We have had a lot of settling in to do, much cuddling to get in, and lots of kisses to accumulate.  So the update is that our little Logan is one month old as of yesterday.  He is alert for longer periods during the day, sometimes likes tummy time, and he is following things with his eyes.  When we went to his doctor appointment which was at 3 weeks he now weighed 8 1/2 pounds already!  He is a good eater and has found his voice.  He used to just fuss when it was time to eat but now he means business when it comes to eating so you better get that bottle ready fast!

It has been nice to be back home and getting the closest you can get to a routine when you have a baby.  My mom was here the first week we got home so this past week was my first week alone with Logan...well three days cause Bill was off Mon for Martin Luther King day and Friday cause we had our first post placement visit with the social worker.  No major catastrophes.

In fact the most challenging day was today.  Bill had to run out and as soon as he left we had an explosive diaper up the back and all.
To the bathtub we went.
Then I realized we were out of formula.  I thought we were going to have enough to get through tomorrow when we are seeing the doctor again cause I am wondering if he might change his formula.  No not so much.  So off to Target we go...only to find the shelf empty of the one I need.  Next stop- Walmart.  Got what we need.  Back home I let the dogs out of the cage who apparently were angry that I left cause they both left me a fun surprise in the cage.
To the bathtub we went.
Time to feed Logan.  All is going well again and time for a change.  A little pee slips past the diaper but I caught the rest.  No problem.  I got the next diaper.  But wait, where are the wipes?  In the other room.  I made a rookie mistake as I left the diaper over him but didn't close the tabs.  Who knew he would pee so quickly again.  Well I learned my lesson cause when I returned it was like one of those spinning sprinklers had been in the room!
To the bathtub we went.
To top it off Oreo puked on his dog bed.  Awesome.

This was all in just a matter of like three hours.  Bill came home and asked how everything went.  After I told him all the fun we had he responded by saying "it sounds like you've had a pretty shitty day".  (Insert drum and symbol sound here)  No pun intended.

After all this we still managed to set up our one month photo shoot.  We set it up in his nursery which by the way I totally realize we have never posted pictures of it but that post will be coming soon.  Logan did really well and I think they turned out cute...but as Logan's mommy I just might be a little biased :)










  

3 comments:

  1. These are going to be such busy times for you--yes, diapers galore-but what a doll. Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it diane! your little story reminded me of many days i used to have too! it's good to have those and look back on. you wouldn't be a good mommy without those days! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lucky pair you 2 are and baby too,to get you 2 as parents.Busy days and busy nights ahead,enjoy your little miracle

      Delete