Wednesday, April 3, 2013

To My Dad With Love


To My Dad With Love

Here it is the April date
I dread it every year
It's hard to go through the day
Without shedding a tear.

Eight years have passed without your hugs
Your laugh, your voice, your smile
It doesn't matter how time has flown 
You've been in my heart all the while.

So much has changed since I saw you last
I wish on earth you had shared in it all
I know as Grandpa to little Logan
You would be having a ball.

I have great memories to comfort me
I feel your spirit as my guide
But these facts could never wash away
The ache that began the day that you died.

Dad if I could turn back time
And once more hear your voice
I would tell you out of all the dads
You would forever be my choice.

Today, Dear Jesus, as You are listening
In heaven up above
Would you please go and find my Dad 
And give him all my love.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dianne. He is with you now!!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I miss him as much as you do. A tear, I can not hold back. Love and miss you brother Bob.

    ReplyDelete