Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our Gallery Wall

So now that we had these nice pictures that I shared with you in my last post along with others I really wanted a place to display them in our home.  I had just the wall I wanted to use- the one in our entryway. Since we moved in I had this large frame that held lots of pictures there but it still got very drowned out in this big wall.  


So when it came time to designing the gallery wall the things that I wanted were 
1) Different frames so that I wasn't locked in to one type yet coordinating
2) Extra pieces besides photos intertwined
3) Asymmetry

The hard part was arranging everything. It actually took a lot of effort for me to be asymmetrical with the arrangement.  I had to see how it would look before putting a bunch of holes in the wall.  So I used paper and matched the size of the frames so that I could tape them to the wall.  It was nice because I could move them around like puzzle pieces until I found the layout I liked best.

 Finding the frames was the easier part thanks to Target where I found the majority of them.  I went off of one frame that I already had that was black with a cherry tone to it as well.  So it is hard to tell in the pictures but some are solid black while others have cherry in them too.  In fact the mirror actually has red around the edges.  I think this will make it easier to add to or adjust the wall with other frames as time goes on.  I came across the love picture at Kohl's and then went on a search for a family sign.  That one was a little harder to find but I finally came across this one at Gordman's and was so happy with the colors.  The mirror is from Target and I just love its shape.

What I like about it being asymmetrical is that now I can still add more to it.  There are a couple spaces that I think some smaller frames would fit nice in later.  And any of these frames can be turned the other way so I made sure that there was enough space in between each of them to allow for that if we choose to in the future.  


   

1 comment:

  1. Your wall looks beautiful,as does your home,I will remember this piece of planning the next time I try to hang a crooked picture.

    ReplyDelete