Friday, August 26, 2011

Try not to think about it?

Ever heard this before? I have heard this phrase for many things and unfortunately one too many times in relation to waiting for our baby.  Crazy right? How does one do that when the only thing you want to think about is the VERY thing you are casually being told- just don't think about it. Frustrating.

Well I can't do that but I have been doing this: singing at the top of my lungs in the car, at home, whenever I need it!  I think by throwing my voice into the heavens it helps me to remember to give my worries to the one who loves us most.  If you you have never done that you should try it- it is exhilarating!  I started listening to Joy FM, a contemporary Christian radio station here in St. Louis and I am so glad I turned the dial.  I have come across some great artists and songs that have been so incredibly uplifting.  I feel like some of them are totally speaking to me.  And I would like to share with you the song that has been really helpful to me right now- Lift Me Up by The Afters.  The lyrics are inspiring, the singing is beautiful, and the beat is hard to get out of your head.  Here are the lyrics and the song to listen to.  I dare you to sing along and not just a little- I am talking your loudest voice (dancing optional) and see how you feel at the end.   It is an awesome song that reminds us of God's great love for us and how if we just cry out to Him, He will always be there to carry us.  I think this is much better than just "trying not to think about it"!


"Lift Me Up"

Waiting for the sunrise
Waiting for the day
Waiting for a sign
That I'm where you want me to be

You know my heart is heavy
And the hurt is deep
But when I feel like giving up
You're reminding me
That we all fall down sometimes
But when I hit the ground

You lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wrap around me
Your love catches me so I'm letting go
You lift me up when I can't see
Your heart is all that I need
Your love carries me so I'm letting go

You lift me up with your love
You lift me up with your love
You lift me up with your love
You lift me up

I know I'm not perfect
I know I make mistakes
I know that I have let you down
But you love me the same

And when I'm surrounded
When I lose my way
When I'm crying out and falling down
You are here to

Lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wrap around me
Your love catches me so I'm letting go
You lift me up when I can't see
Your heart is all that I need
Your love carries me so I'm letting go

I can see the dawn is breaking
I am feeling overtaken with your love
With your love
I don't know what I can offer
In this moment I surrender to your love
To your love

You lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wrap around me
Your love catches me so I'm letting go

You lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wrap around me
Your love catches me so I'm letting go
You lift me up when I can't see
Your heart is all that I need
Your love carries me so I'm letting go

I can see the dawn is breaking
I am feeling overtaken with your love

You lift me up with your love
You lift me up with your love
You lift me up with your love
You lift me up 






Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

6 comments:

  1. You are so right. Trying to NOT think about it can become harder than actually not thinking about it! Its really just a matter of what degree you can accomplish it.

    Because you are on a different path and waiting for the call, I can only imagine that's next to impossible.

    For us, time has really helped soothe those thoughts. And you know full well that if you give God the reigns, He does just fine all on his own.

    That's why you are here. Time is a wonderful salve. May not think so then, but when the sky clears you find yourself in a good place and you CAN think about it!

    Sorry for the babble! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just stumbled on your blog, and would love to follow your adoption journey. My husband and I are gathering some information about adoption agency, since we're thinking about starting the process. Do you mind sharing what agency you're using? if you can e-mail me timmermanamelia@hotmail.com, that will be great. good luck with your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful song, Diane :-) I know I am not going through the same thing as you and Di, but I do know that expression is frustrating for any situation. Trying not to think about something that is important to you is impossible. Simply impossible. I think singing is much better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Diane - I just popped over from Di's blog and had a chance to read your posts. I'm a firm believer that the vibrations you send out bounce right back at you. So it's super important not to be negative or grumpy hard as that may be at times. Try to keep going to that (for now) fantasy place where you'll have all the joy and contentment and happiness you're so badly wanting.

    We're in the middle of a big remodeling project on our house and tonight I started to be upset by the (still) upside down and torn apart state of my kitchen when I faced a big batch of dishes. But then I consciously made the effort to be grateful that I do have a sink and running water . . . I'm not doing the dishes in the bathroom!

    Keep raising your song heavenward and that little bundle will be in your arms at just the perfect moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, i finally caught up with you on yor blog. great job. i think of you and bill so often and hope that your journey leads you to what you've been waiting for very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! I am glad you enjoyed the song too. Listening to it always helps me stay focused.

    ReplyDelete