Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mystery Solved

In my last post I was awaiting the arrival of my cousins Kristen and Kim.  They also told me a surprise guest would be with them.  Sooo the mystery guest was....my friend Wendy!  I have not seen Wendy since Christmas time last year so it was a very fun surprise to see her on my doorstep.  She went to high school with me and Kristen and they ran into each other about a month ago and started planning the whole thing.  They arrived around 11:30pm so I gave Wendy a tour of our house since this was her first time here and then we headed to bed.

It was such a beautiful fall day that we decided to spend the afternoon at my favorite winery, Montelle.  It has such a gorgeous view and is always fun with the live music and people just out having fun.  



Then at midnight we went to historical downtown St. Charles for a ghost tour.  It was really interesting.  The tour guide knew a lot about the history of St. Charles and shared with us many stories of its past.  We did not encounter any sightings but there was some "paranormal energy" in the area as the EMF's he had indicated and we watched a key turn in his hand without any prompt from him.  Here is our scary ghost tour photo:

And here is one with our Pumpkin Spice Lattes:

Before they headed out we had lunch on the patio.  It was 83 degrees today.  I know a cold front is coming so it was so nice to soak up this wonderful fall weekend with warm weather, great friends and family, and lots of fun!


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you girls had a SUPER fun weekend!!! What a nice treat!! Wineries and Ghost Tours? Sounds like my kind of weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful gals -looks like your having fun. never stop having fun!

    ReplyDelete