Sunday, November 27, 2011

Seven Years of Wedded Bliss


November 27, 2004 was the happiest day of my life because I got to marry my best friend Bill.  We met at Target when I was just 17 and he was 19 so we dated for seven years too.  Bill was transferred to the particular Target that I worked at just for the summer before my senior year at high school.  He was from a different town and school so it makes me smile to see how God's hand was really in this plan of lining us up to meet each other.  Bill was working undercover security at Target and I was working in the jewelry section so he was hanging around there a lot.  I remember very clearly having a strong feeling that I needed to get to know this guy.  He always says he saw a beam of light around me as I was folding clothes in the store one day.  (I told you this might be cheesy).  But what we felt and saw was true because the rest is history.  We were together since then and everyday our relationship grows.  I am so thankful for Bill and I love being his wife.

*Warning many pictures ahead!*  I always pictured a Christmas wedding and that is just what we did.  It was over Thanksgiving weekend but Christmas was up everywhere so it was the start to the holiday season.
I loved the traditional look of my dress:
My bridesmaids wore red:
Here is our whole wedding party:
I always pictured a fur lined dress but they didn't have that, however I did find a fur lined cape that I wore over my dress:
We took pictures at a local greenhouse where their poinsettia show had just begun that weekend:

We set up the tables the day before with christmas boxes filled with chocolates for favors and it is hard to see in the picture but everyone also had a set of jingle bells to ring when they wanted us to kiss:
Everyone also left with a christmas ornament that had their place card in it: 
This is the card holder my dad made for me:
Here is our beautiful cake with Mickey and Minnie under the mistletoe as our topper:
Father/Daughter Dance, My dad passed away 5 months later so this picture is very special to me:
Uncle Jim playing the accordian for the chicken dance and some polka, a tradition in our family
Just Married!

We had a fabulous day and I wouldn't change a minute of it.  I love looking back over our album and video  (especially the part where Bill gets choked up during the vows :) so sweet.  We are still so grateful for all our family and friends who supported us that day and continue to be a support to us in our marriage.  










4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful!
    Happy Anniversary---hope you have many many more!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year at this time of year I think of your special day when I hang the ornament we got from your wedding. What a perfect way to remember such a special couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had the most beautiful wedding a girl could imagine,you were very lucky and in Gods hand-its just so romantic ,I might actually cry,a good kind of cry,I'm so so tired of the other. my son's father -in -law used to be head of security in the mpls area like when president Clinton came to town,he met him, but was falsely accused of a racial slur which ,from a guy that gives 1/2 his income away to charity would never happen so now he has a better security job [takes him to Sweden a lot ]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this post was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete