Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Recap

Well I was definitely spoiled on my first Mother's Day.  My hubby and little guy really made the day extra special for me.  I was told last night not to get up at all because Bill was going to take care of Logan if he woke up.  Well Logan must have thought this was a perfect time to test Daddy out because the last few nights he didn't get up at all and then last night he got up twice and still woke up at 6:30am.  But not a peep from my husband and he handled it well because he wanted Mommy to be able to get a little extra sleep.  And even though I woke up every time Logan did and I listened ready to help if needed, it was still nice to be able to stay in bed a little longer and rest.  

I awoke later to breakfast being brought to me in bed by my two favorite guys- oh sorry four if you count the dogs that had to be a part of it too.  Pancakes, bacon, fresh strawberries, coffee and a rose- Yum!  

And then I received the most thoughtful gift, a gift basket full of my favorite things that all had to do with relaxing- Chocolate covered strawberries, Reeses Peanut Butter cups, Bath Salts, Bottle of Reisling, Peach Rings, Scrapbooking magazine, and an amazon gift card to get books for my kindle. Do my guys know me or what?  

We had a delicious dinner with my Mother-in-law. 

But of course the best part of the day was looking in to the face of this little man 

and being so proud and thankful to be his mommy. 




   
And my heart just melted when I saw Logan's little hand print in my card.  
I will always remember my first Mother's Day. 

My prayers today are with my beautiful mother, all the wonderful women in my life from family to friends, for Logan's birth mother and those for whom mother's day is difficult for any reason.  



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a WONDERFUL first Mother's Day!! You've waited a long time to celebrate this holiday and I am just so so SO happy it finally happened for you. And Logan is just a doll in this picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ' ' ' ',tears cus that was just to sweet

    ReplyDelete