Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fun with Friends and Family (Part 1)

Well I am back...from my trip and back to my blog.  It has been a fun week and as I promised I have some pics to share with you.  I started out my trek to Indiana and met up with a college professor and her husband.  They continue to be very good friends to both Bill and I and it has been a few years since I had seen them last.  We had a very nice dinner and I was able to share with them the news of our adoption in person.  I was so bummed though that I forgot to use my camera that evening to take a picture of us.  It was nice being near Ball State campus again and it flooded my mind with great memories.

Then I traveled to northern Indiana to visit my dear friend Heather and her family.  She was my roommate for the first two years in college (Woody-Shales 532 to be exact!)  We went potluck and to this day I feel so lucky to have been matched up with her.  We were told they never put two people together with the same major, but I still remember the first call I made to her where we discovered we were both dance majors.  We share a love for dance along with our strong love for God, family, and friends.  I love her sweet personality and genuinely kind heart.

Moving in to the dorms
Senior Year

Our recent visit
We stood up at each other's weddings and now Heather and her husband Ryan have two adorable little boys.  I brought some of my scrapbooks with me and we had a great time looking through old pictures and reminiscing about our college days.  We chatted about everything and anything that night and when we looked at the clock it was 3am!




We think it is funny that
these are actually "in"now

After a little sleep I headed to visit my wonderful friend Nikki and her family.  We met our first year in college but Nikki was also my roommate junior and senior year where we lived in the on campus apartments.  Nikki and I love to be a little crazy together and I just love her fun spirit.  She is such a loyal friend and I am so lucky to know her.  She would do anything for me including washing my hair to get the blood out after I cracked open my head and had to have 8 staples.  (It may sound like that had to do with one of our crazy moments but actually I fainted and fell straight back- me and fainting is a whole other post)  But seriously I don't know what I would have done without her that day.

Senior Year
Our recent visit
We stood up at each other's weddings and now Nikki and her husband Eric have a little boy and girl.  We spent the evening doing a little shopping and then sat down to enjoy a nice sangria.  I was glad to spend time with her but it was way too short as always.


What I love most about these girls is that no matter how much time and distance may come between us we pick up right where we left off.  Maybe that is why it is hard to believe that next spring will be 10 years since we graduated!

I headed back to St. Louis on Sat because my mom, sister and her family all came to visit for Labor Day weekend.  It was a busy week of visiting and having visitors but I loved every minute.  Check back for Part 2!

8 comments:

  1. You seem to be in very good company! I loved seeing the old and new pictures! Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun time.
    You know you have good friends when you can have a visit that just "melts away" the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice you keep in touch,most people don't and thats sad. I reunited with a old friend Diane [ lots of Diane and Diana's around ] we mostly conversed on the phone. your lucky to be able to keep in touch in person. Did I miss something somewhere along the short way I have been following you?you did say "adoption" if its true ,congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you were a busy girl!! Looks like you had so much fun though. It's wonderful to catch up with old friends, especially since everyone's lives are so hectic now. Loved looking at those old pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana- Definitely!

    Sue- that is just what it did. It felt like we had just seen each other a month ago even though it was 2 years!

    Amelia- Thanks!

    Judy-I am lucky they are a do-able drive away. And yes! We are in the process of adopting. No match but we are waiting for our call!

    Jen- It is fun cause there is always lots to talk about! I hope a catch up day for us is not too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so great to see you Diane! You are very special to me. Thank you for your wonderful friendship. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Nikki! Glad you are on here. Now I just have to get you to start a blog!

    ReplyDelete