Monday, September 12, 2011

Fun with Friends and Family (Part 2)

After my visit with friends in IN, I headed back to MO where my mom and sister's family arrived the night before for a fun labor day weekend with Bill and I.  The drive back wasn't bad and I gained an hour so I was home by noon.  It was too hot and humid to do anything outdoors that day so we suggested the Science Center.  It was nice because this was something my sister, brother-in-law, and nieces had never done in any of their previous visits.  They had lots of fun hands-on things to do for the girls.  Their favorite was building the arch.

Then on Sunday we went to Busch Stadium for a Cards game.  We are all really Cubs fans, but enjoy watching baseball in general.  Most of the day was overcast and the temp had dropped dramatically.  It was fine with us.  We were happy we were not sweltering in the sun like yesterday would have been.

Bill and I love having visitors.  It is hard to live away from our families so we cherish the quality time we get to have when they are here.  In fact we have three more weekends of visitors coming up in Sept/Oct. I have often told Bill it would be fun to own and run a bed and breakfast- welcome to our Inn!

2 comments:

  1. its nice to have family visit if only for awhile. my grandson loves,loves baseball I think he will be a MN twin one day[ gramma's can dream too ]

    ReplyDelete