Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Will we hit 2.99/gallon?

Gas prices have definitely been up and down for the last several months but never quite as low as they have been.  In the last couple weeks we have been holding pretty steady in the 3.20's-3.30's so when I saw it hit 3.19 I was floored.  I asked Bill if he thought it would go down any more or if they were just teasing us before it sky rocketed again.  He thought for sure that was the lowest it would get.  Well since then, it has dropped to 3.17, then 3.14, and even 3.12.  So when I saw it at 3.09 yesterday I just had to take a picture.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Keep going! I want to see it hit below three dollars baby!

6 comments:

  1. Well, thanks for TEASING me! We're at $3.52 a gallon as of yesterday....and it's gone down a few cents in the past week. Northern Arkansas, btw.

    Funny thing though...I remember a few years ago when there "Would be rioting in the streets" if gas hit the $4 mark, and it WAS just a few cents under that this summer. No riots, just a bunch of people complaining. How quickly we forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cripes-must be nice. We're at $3.78

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I'm with the other commenters. We're high too, at 3.49. But like your town prices are definitely coming down here. Keep coming down baby! If it hit's three dollars here, then you'll be at about 2.69. How would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ladies, I will say it has been a perk of living here in the St. Louis area versus Chicago where we used to live. We were just up there visiting this weekend and they were up to 3.79. I hope it keeps going down for all of us. It did actually hit 2.98 today but some of the stations were up to 3.29 again so unfortunately I don't think it will last too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. darn,here I thought maybe it was heading our way! we are part of the Midwest. that oreo sure is cute -his brother too. hope your spirits are better today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Judy! Just a funky week but I am in better spirits!

    ReplyDelete