Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

I know I was due to give you Part 2 of my friends and family week, but when I went to schedule my post for Sunday I just had to postpone it.  Today I am remembering those whose lives were forever changed on 9-11.

Most of us probably remember just where we were and what we were doing that awful day.  I was a senior in college and on my way to attend class that morning.  I heard on the radio that a plane had hit the World Trade Center.  It didn't even phase me yet because I thought I must have heard wrong or there was some weird program.  As I entered the building, it was eerily quiet as the only sound that could be heard throughout the halls were the news reporters coming from every classroom TV.  It was at that moment that I realized that what I had heard on the radio was real and it wasn't just an accident.  No one was teaching so I joined some students in the next classroom I passed and sat down.  People came and went, but no one said a word.  I just remember everyone staring at the screen in complete disbelief.  When I returned to my apartment I called my family and talked to everyone to tell them I loved them.  

 I pray for those whose lives were lost that day.  I pray for all those who have to go on living without their loved ones because of such an evil act.  I pray that Jesus reaches the hearts of those who want to hurt innocent people.

Where were you and what were you doing on September 11?

1 comment:

  1. I will pray that prayer with you. Very well said!

    Where was I? At home, with a cast on my foot, unable to walk at all yet and completely brokenhearted -in shock. I sat for days and days watching in disbelief.

    ReplyDelete